Wednesday, October 13, 2010

old nerds FAIL....,


Video - the source of the Soul Train dancers and danceline.

I gave a presentation on open source culture and potential applications in education last night. Told the old nerds gathered that the above was a vibrant example of open source culture that had fairly far-reaching ramifications in the popular culture which continue to reverberate to this day. The collective bowel release was audible. Though none in attendance were intimately familiar with open source culture, its concepts, history, or modes of expression in general, some at the gathering were highly incensed by the comparison - and fairly outspoken (albeit ignorantly) in their disdain.

I can be fairly devilish about administering IQ tests in real time, and the older I get, the more cold-blooded I've become in my evaluation of the results I observe. I don't think I'm going to spend very much time trying to bring any of these folks up to speed. I'm not convinced that what they collectively know is worth the effort, and, I'm quite certain that the energy that would have to be expended trying to teach them could be better applied elsewhere. Heaven forbid we moved past this and had to tackle the complexities of gaming in mass learning strategies...,

0 comments:

Master Arbitrageur Nancy Pelosi Is At It Again....,

🇺🇸TUCKER: HOW DID NANCY PELOSI GET SO RICH? Tucker: "I have no clue at all how Nancy Pelosi is just so rich or how her stock picks ar...